Weight Loss

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Missing Dad...

A post on the message board of someone who lost there mom really touched me this morning. It's been nearly 2 years since we lost Dad, and it's still so painful to remember that he's gone. This next week would have marked his 68th Birthday.
It's funny i sometimes still find myself thinking of telling him something or asking his advice on something. Especially when i'm cooking. I always asked his advice on how long to cook something or what to add to make a recipe work better. He taught me so much and was truely one of my best friends. Sometimes I just want to feel his arms around me again, hear his voice and of course his laugh.
Sometimes (like this morning) i find myself just having a good cry, it doesn't make it better but it relieves some of the sadness.
I know how proud he would be of me for tackling this weight and for getting it off. I know he's shining down on me from heaven but sometimes it's just not enough. I would never wish upon him the pain he had at the end, the suffering & humiliation of being in a long term care facility, but I just wish we'd had more time. It's so true that you don't fully appreciate someone for all they are until they are gone.
I miss you Daddy!

No comments: