Okay so i've met all the requirements, had all the consults and testing done so the letter is being submitted to my insurance company for approval, YEAH!
My dr wants to try and really lose some weight this month though, she really feels i need to focus on what my diet will be like after surgery - meaning high protein, very low carb. She feels i am just not mentally there yet, and i do agree with her. So it's on like donkey kong, so to speak and the carbs are going by by, for me anyway.
I have my next presurgery thing on June 7th which is the nutrition review class, where we go over in detail the first month post surgery and what we can eat, need to eat. My approval may come before that meeting, and if it does then the surgeon's office will call me and book my surgery date. I'm crossing my fingers for sometime in June, however since they don't deal with my particular insurance often, they have no idea how long it will take to get my approval. She said some insurances it's short and only a few days, some it's weeks before the approval comes through.
So for now I am focusing on 3 things with regard to my diet - #1drinking minimum of 64 oz of water per day #2 Thinking protein first at every single meal #3 lowest possible carbs and those that i do eat need to be whole grain type carbs .....
I really have to stop having the mentality of "well i'm not going to eat this post surgery so i might as well have it now"...in the weight loss surgery "community" that's called the "last supper syndrome".
So here we are, waiting for insurance approval and adapting to my post surgery diet while i wait.
I'm still nervous and excited all at the same time!

No comments:
Post a Comment