Weight Loss

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The "new" me....

I haven't updated in so long. I'm so busy i forget to come here, sorry. What's new with me on the weight loss front? Well nothing actually. I have stayed about the same weight within a 5 lb range for several months now. I am also not really "trying" to lose. Sometimes I think a little bit i am sabotaging myself by not "trying" because I'm not sure i "want" to lose much more. The funny thing about staying about the same weight "number" has been that my clothing sizes have changed drastically these last few months. Things are apparently shifting around despite not actually "losing" more weight. I am now wearing a 16 in most things. I think the last time i wore a 16 i was in maybe 8th grade? So hard to fathom most days for me. Shopping has gotten much more fun and enjoyable. I actually tried on 3 bathing suits the other day and all 3 fit me. I could actually have a choice of what one i wanted, i didn't have to just pick one because it was big enough to fit. I've also recently bought two dresses that i am just in LOVE with. I'm so glad maxi dresses are in style right now. They are so comfortable and they seem to flatter my new figure well. I love them! I'm finding a love for all things girly now. I am wearing make up a lot more often. I am even wearing jewelry, something i hardly did before. I think when you are severely overweight you are focusing so much on trying to get people to not notice you that you avoid all those kinds of things. I'm not saying i want people to "notice" me so much now, but i just want to look and feel like a girl, ya know? It's a great feeling to be confident and feel like a woman. I am also enjoying so many new to me activities that i would have NEVER ever tried before. I now have a bike of my own. When we are camping i play right along with the kids, including going swimming. A couple weekends ago I even drove the jet ski at the cottage, something i never in a million years would have ever tried due to my weight. I'm really enjoying my new confidence, i'm not so afraid to talk to people. I'm enjoying being more social and not hiding in a corner when we are out and about.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Awesome job Sarah! You have worked so hard and now you are enjoying life. It is a wonderful thing to get to read about.