Doing some math tonight - i've lost about 38 lbs since i got pregnant.
Since September i've been gaining/losing the same 2 lbs.
I have about 4 weeks left till baby comes. Just wondering if i'm going to keep staying the same or if i will gain a bit. I guess time will tell.
According to most websites the weight gain of a typical pregnancy is about 15-25 lbs for an already overweight mom. I found this neat breakdown of the extra's going on in my body -
7 - 9 pounds of baby (in my case i'm guessing much closer to 6 or 7 lbs than 9)
2 pounds of placenta
2 pounds of amniotic fluid
4 - 5 pounds of increased blood volume
2 pounds uterine enlargement
3 - 4 pounds of fluid in maternal tissue
I guess what got me really thinking about all this is the compliments i've gotten lately about being "so tiny" for having a baby in 4 weeks. I have to confess it's very nice to hear, but at the same time starting to make me worried that i'm too small or something - i know worry when you're too big, worry when you're too small *sigh*
I guess we will see what happens over the next 4 weeks. If i gain some weight, i'm not going to let it bother me. When this is all over with we'll see where we stand and my plan is still to get back on track, lower the carbs and get the rest of this weight off. Then of course there is the looming skin issue to deal with but one bridge at a time i guess :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment